Pua Lililehua performed by our Kumu Hula, Maile Yamanaka in 2008 Kitsilano Showboat
(1) Please hear me, my beloved. I’ll call Pua-lili-lehua.
(after the Mo’o goddess who was known to dwell in Ka’ao crater above Palolo valley
where Aunti was raised as a child.)
My precious love whose thought fill my every moment every day.
(2) You are searching (for love) among the beautiful people of this land,
and I am here behind you waiting for you to come to me.
(3) You looked at me with your beautiful eyes,
those eyes I cannot forget, they cause excitement in my heart.
(4) Bound fast is our love, by her lovely long hair.
There is nothing that will us separate.
May I be with you forever and forever.
(5) This is my song for you, my Pua-lili-lehua,
my precious love whose thoughts fill my every moment everyday.